The Administrative Assistant handles a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks working independently often with little or no supervision. Will also foster the effectiveness of the administrative team, handle new employee orientation process, and act as the gatekeeper to the facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Staff reception desk and manage guest check in (i.e. sign-in books, verify clearances, badge accordingly, etc.) from 8:30AM – 5PM, Monday to Friday (with the exception of corporate holidays).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all security operating procedures working closely with the Facility Security Officer.
- Administer meeting room reservation calendars and assist in room set-up for meetings.
- Complete weekly purchasing for all office and break room supplies.
- Manages logging requests in building managers ticket system.
- Maintain and update organization chart as well as corporate directory.
- Collect mail, distribute, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Schedule company-wide meetings as well as meetings for senior leadership.
- Assist Operations Manager in coordinating occasional conferences or workshops.
- Assist Financial Administrator in collecting staff receipts and monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Schedule candidate interviews and compose interview evaluation forms.
- Maintain the job board and collection of resumes for hiring managers.
- Assist Operations Manager in coordinating the on-boarding process for all new hires.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to routinely multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings/schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional interactions.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
- Must hold (at a minimum) an active Top Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 or more years’ experience administrative support to professional services, Federal or State government, University/Research or other non-profit organization.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, VA
Special Work Conditions: Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: Active TOP SECRET security clearance.