The Visualization Programmer supports a range of development tasks across VT-ARC’s portfolio of analytics projects. Example projects include supporting predictive modeling and forecasting visualizations, impact visualizations, and developing new innovative approaches to complex data visualization.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience with D3.js or React visualization suite
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Experience with Tableau
- R, Python, Java, RShiny
- Enterprise architecture design experience (J2EE, RShiny, etc.)
- Visualization experience
- Data mining and machine learning
- Record of innovation and creative problem solving
- Active security clearance preferred
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Reports to the Information Sciences and Analytics Division Director.
- Supports custom analytics visualization tasks as assigned.
- Supports custom tool development.
- Supports innovation projects as assigned.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Possible travel to other CONUS locations. Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: Must have the ability to obtain a US secret security clearance if not currently cleared.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.
Apply for this Position
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to upload a resume and cover letter (a single document is preferred) by selecting the [APPLY NOW] button below and completing the upload instruction that follow.
Your cover letter must include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- Title of position sought and the Position Requisition Number listed in the announcement above
- Contact information: Full name, address, phone number and email address
- Availability date
- Whether or not you are a citizen of the United States (optional for positions that do not require a security clearance – see Security Requirements above)
- Whether or not you hold a security clearance (and if so, what level/access and date of last investigation)
- Current or last salary and desired salary
- Education: College(s) attended / degrees earned (and overall GPA if less than three years since last graduation)
- Please describe where/how you first heard of this position, e.g., Google search to our website, a friend, LinkedIn, professor’s referral, trade association ad, etc.
- Why you feel you would be a good fit for VT-ARC as well as this specific position
- Any additional comments you deem appropriate (optional)
- Your signature
Please note: We accept .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf and .txt file formats.
Please do not submit password-protected/encrypted documents.
The maximum allowed file size is 5MB.