Position Summary: The AFWERX Liaison serves as VT-ARC’s primary on-site point of contact for support to a major science and technology (S&T) focused organization. Core responsibilities will include: customer interaction; serving as a public spokesperson for AFWERX DC, research and report writing to educate AFWERX stakeholders on emerging technology areas, direct outreach and targeted marketing to subject matter experts from industry and academia to drive engagement to AFWERX initiatives.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline.
- Strong customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to engage with customer and solicit requirements.
- Must be a U.S. citizen willing and able to hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct rapid high-level topic research as well as in-depth analysis on technical topics.
- Dependability, flexibility, and the ability to rapidly and effectively respond to unanticipated changes and needs.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to routinely prioritize tasks to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
- Strong initiative and self-starter. Innovate ways to improve program where possible.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Active security clearance preferred. If not, must be willing to submit for TS clearance.
- Proven/referenceable history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Prior military or federal government experience.
Duties The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Offer customer support at collaboration center. Meet and greet companies and Air Force service members interested in learning more about AFWERX and collect relevant information. Manage scheduling and check-in procedures.
- Provide analysis of technologies and concepts to drive customer strategy and investments.
- Perform research to identify companies or individuals with technical expertise relevant to AFWERX program.
- Performed direct outreach to individuals identified during research/scouting activities to drive engagement to public AFWERX challenges and events.
- Test and promote AFWERX-DC in-house products.
Recommended Desk/Zone Location: Crystal City. Special Work Conditions: Possible travel to other CONUS locations.
Primary Work Location: Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Security: U.S. citizenship required. At least Secret Clearance (active) strongly preferred. Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. TS clearance if not currently cleared.