Position Title: Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO)
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Position Requisition Number: RQN065
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) complements the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The AFSO will report to the Operations Manager as well as work closely with the Facilities Security Officer (FSO) to ensure smooth operation of the company’s facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Report to and work with the Operations Manager in the day to day operation and management of the VT-ARC office.
- Serve as the Corporation’s AFSO and ACSSO in compliance with all security regulations working closely with the Facility Security Officer (FSO).
- Ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) for the Defense Security Service as well as various Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), required for Sensitive Compartmented Information program procedures.
- Provide daily functional support to the facilities personnel, physical, and information security requirements. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in security rules and procedures.
- Process personnel clearances, employee briefings, visit requests, providing a wide variety of duties in the administration of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and other government security regulations.
- This position is also responsible for support of a Special Access Program under NISPOM Supplement and serving as Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) for SCI programs.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Ability to routinely multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
- Must hold (at a minimum) an active Top Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 or more years’ experience administrative support to professional services, Federal or State government, University/Research or other non-profit organization.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, VA
Special Work Conditions: Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: Active TOP SECRET security clearance.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.