The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) complements the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The IT Specialist will report to the IT Manager as well as work closely with our employees to ensure their technology needs are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Report to and work with the IT Manager in the day to day operation and management of the VT-ARC office.
- Assist end users with technology related questions and requests.
- Imaging computers with a baseline Windows 10 Enterprise OS.
- Unbox, tag, inventory, deploy, and track technology devices.
- Utilize and implement BitLocker on Windows devices.
- Familiarity with Windows 10 OS and Windows Servers.
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect VPN and WebEx.
- Familiarity with ADDS, Azure AD, and Office 365 a plus.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Current college student majoring in a Computer Science, Networking, or Cybersecurity discipline.
- Ability to routinely multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Current student college student majoring in one of the following fields:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ Certified
- Any Microsoft certification
- Any Cisco certification
Primary Work Location: Arlington, VA
Employment Status: Temporary/Seasonal
Special Work Conditions: None.
Security: US Citizenship Required.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.