Position Title: Program Assistant
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Position Requisition Number: RQN069
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The Program Assistant performs a broad range of tasks directly in support of internal or customer-focused program/project management such as maintaining project timelines, tracking deliverables, gathering data, updating program/project financial reports, coordinating meetings, assisting with meeting and briefing preparations. Assists program/project managers with developing, documenting, implementation and tracking project/program procedures.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience supporting government programs.
- Demonstrable critical and creative thinking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Incumbent typically has 3-5 years of post-education experience.
- Experience accessing and retrieving from open source data repositories.
- Prior experience working within a fast-paced cross-discipline corporate environment.
- Record of innovation and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
- PMP certification.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Assist in the administration of technical programs and projects.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly program/project reports.
- Coordinate tracking and maintaining program and project expenses.
- Maintain and update program documentation.
- Maintain and coordinate complex schedules.
- Prepare content for internal and external briefings and meetings.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Periodic travel to Blacksburg, Virginia. Possible travel to other CONUS locations. Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: Must be able to obtain a US security clearance.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.