Position Summary: Under the supervision of the division manager, the AFWERX DC-Hub Lead and Project Manager (PM) will ensure project performance goals are met within the contract scope and schedule. Primary responsibilities include: acquiring detailed project requirements from the customer, developing comprehensive project plans, leading a team of 3-7 staff in the execution of the project plan, coordinating across corporate divisions to ensure project resourcing is compatible, and tracking project performance to achieve short- and long-term goals.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or related discipline though any individual with the necessary skills and a passion for technology development and management is strongly encouraged to apply.
- Prior direct military experience, particularly Air Force ideal.
- Proven strategic leadership abilities.
- Minimum of 4 years of project management experience including building strong relationships with U.S. Government customers and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing a project management application to monitor project progression and resources and coordinate tasking across staff.
- Experience designing studies, products, or other deliverables as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience building and managing teams composed of diverse skillsets.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a corporate team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- 6-10 years of post-education experience.
- Experience organizing or leading workshops and seminars or facilitating discussions amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Familiarity with R and/or Python
- Familiarity trending statistical techniques (e.g., Bayesian analysis, machine learning techniques, business analytics).
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Provide technical and administrative management of assigned projects.
- Lead project team by developing executable task plans, delegating task responsibilities, and maintaining accountability for task deliverables.
- Routinely engage customers and stakeholders to identify changes in requirements, project scope, or project status.
- Develop metrics and track performance pertaining to the success of the project.
- Coordinate development of deliverables and products.
- Ensure quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Communicate project status to supervisor on a regular basis.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: Must be a US citizen.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.