Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation Job Announcement
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Arlington, VA
Position Requisition Number: RQN073
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant handles a wide range of administrative support related tasks working independently often with little or no supervision. Will also foster the effectiveness of the administrative team, work cross-divisionally as a scheduling specialist, and act as the gatekeeper to the facility.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Oversee daily front desk activities as well as guest check in (i.e. sign-in books, badge accordingly, etc.).
- Manage meeting room calendars with guidance from Operations Manager.
- Work with managers across the company to provide scheduling assistance.
- Assist the Financial Administrator with collecting receipts for monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Facilitate appropriate management of expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Associate degree from an accredited institution with 1 or more years’ experience supporting administrative functions and management OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings/schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
- Must have an active TOP SECRET Security Clearance
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 or more years’ experience administrative support to professional services, Federal or State government, University/Research or other non-profit organization.
Primary Work Location: Arlington
Special Work Conditions: N/A
Security: Top Secret Security Clearance required
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.