Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation Job Announcement
Position Title: Research Analyst
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Position Requisition Number: RQN074
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
Position Summary: Perform as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team supporting government clients. The incumbent will support the development of strategies, policies, and organizational concepts for national security agencies.
- Participate in the design, planning and execution of projects to evaluate and/or develop strategies, policies, and organizational designs for diverse organizations.
- Develop analytic frameworks and methods to analyze and draw conclusions regarding customer problems. Conduct robust research and analyses based on the methodology.
- Draft high-quality reports and briefings detailing analyses and recommendations for distribution to senior audiences.
- Communicate clearly and articulately within small and large groups including high-level officials to convey complex subject matter.
- Develop and deepen knowledge of the national security strategy and policy landscape, departments, and agencies. Use knowledge to inform on-going and upcoming work as well as business development efforts.
- Work independently and with little guidance. Lead small to medium sized projects with supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Experience: Minimum requirement of 7 years of experience in research organizations, consulting, and/or federal agencies conducting relevant work in research and analysis, strategy, and/or policy, preferably as related to the public sector.
- Education: Master’s degree in the social or management sciences.
- Skills and Knowledge: Ability to plan and conduct research and analysis using qualitative and quantitative analysis; Ability to work independently and proactively on highly complex problem sets with minimal oversight; Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to interact successfully with clients; Positive, collaborative work style and able to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia. Occasional remote work is authorized. This position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Occasional travel may be required for this position (up to 10%).
Security: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required for this position.
Other requirements: A writing sample of at least 1,000 words is required.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.