Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation Job Announcement
Postion Title: Visualization Programmer
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Position Requisition Number: RQN076
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
The Visualization Programmer supports a range of development tasks across VT-ARC’s portfolio of analytics projects. Example projects include supporting predictive modeling and forecasting visualizations, impact visualizations, and developing new innovative approaches to complete data visualization.
Primary job duties: The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order)
• Reports to the Program Manager, 1101-001
• Supports custom analytics visualization tasks as assigned
• Supports custom tool development
• Supports innovation projects as assigned
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• Experience with D3.js or React visualization suite
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence
• Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• R, Python, Java, RShiny
• Enterprise architecture design experience (J2EE, RShiny, etc)
• Visualization experience
• Data mining and machine learning
• Record of innovation and creative problem solving
• Active Secret security clearance preferred
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia
Special Work Conditions: Periodic travel to other VT-ARC offices and around the NCR region. Possible travel to other CONUS locations. Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: Active Secret Security Clearance.