Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation Job Announcement
Position Title: Contracts Specialist
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Position Requisition Number: RQN091
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation:
The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world problems that strain our social, political, industrial, and economic foundations. Specializing in the identification and use of fundamental research, VT-ARC performs contract R&D on larger scale problems and at technology readiness levels beyond those generally addressed by academia. VT-ARC combines significant technical expertise with program management skills to deliver robust solutions on schedule and on budget.
Position Summary: VT-ARC is seeking a diligent, energetic, and self-motivated Contracts Specialist to perform cradle-to-grave contracts administration in a fast-paced environment. The Contracts Specialist will report to the Contracts Director. The preferred candidate will be committed to ongoing professional development to expand their contracts knowledge, willing to obtain and maintain a professional certification in contracts management and interested in accepting progressively more challenging tasks and responsibilities. A positive, service orientation is essential.
Duties: The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Maintain organized, complete contract files.
- Assist with quote/proposal preparation and submission in response to RFQs and RFPs.
- Maintain corporate registrations.
- Prepare and submit accurate financial and administrative reports.
- Prepare and maintain reporting calendars and track deliverables.
- Maintain accurate contracts metrics.
- Initiate routine agreements (NDA, teaming, consulting).
- Perform initial review of contracts, subcontracts, and other complex agreements.
- Administer assigned contracts.
- Closeout contracts in accordance with contract requirements
- Assist in collection of accounts receivable as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, legal or related field is required. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in federal contract administration; active professional certification (CPCM, CFCM, DAWIA, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of FAR, DFARs, and other US government contract regulations preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); intermediate to advanced skills in Excel desired.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Primary Work Location: Work is to be performed in Blacksburg, VA; but remote work is possible.
Special Work Conditions: Occasional travel may be required; less than 5%.
Security: Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, or disability.