VT-ARC seeks technical and administrative professionals who are highly skilled and motivated to tackle challenging assignments, and who will be committed to Virginia Tech’s motto “Ut Prosim”—”That I May Serve.”
Benefits and Perks
Health and Insurance
- Choice of medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life, accident, and disability insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance offered
- 403(b) plan eligibility after 1st month of employment
- 100% vested after 2 years of employment
- VT-ARC provides a significant employer contribution to its employees
- Paid time off to use at your discretion
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Extended leave of absence for Family care, military duty, and personal reasons
Education and Career Development
- Access to VA Tech’s staff services and online education resources
- Tuition assistance plans available to maintain and enhance their skills for career development
- Reimbursement plans available for select graduate-level programs
- The Blacksburg facility is set on VA Tech’s bustling main campus
- Arlington facilities are located in the heart of Ballston district, 3 blocks from the Metro (Orange, Silver Lines)
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan
- Facility parking available
Working at VT-ARC
VT-ARC is an equal opportunity employer. VT-ARC is building an organizational culture marked by four primary values Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Service. Integral to our success is our staff’s enthusiasm for solving tough problems by working together in teams to get the job done. We also foster a culture where each’s contribution is valued and performed with integrity, while maintaining a fun work environment. VT-ARC strives for excellence in all that is done for our clients and such achievement is recognized through service/merit awards. Moreover, we promote a sense of community larger than VT-ARC alone, where staff and institutional resources can be applied in service to our country.
At VT-ARC, we’ve created a flat organizational structure and encourage self-directed and mentoring professional development. In this way, the goals and objectives of a team are served regardless of whether it is for a customer project or a corporate business objective. VT-ARC employees are trained, trusted, and encouraged to work as teams and leverage the strengths of others to deliver innovative solutions to our customers.
VT-ARC is a people-centric organization that strives to attract and retain high performing employees. But we understand that a satisfying work environment alone is insufficient for staff to achieve their greatest potential. Therefore, we look at our employees holistically and encourage them to strike a work-life balance that achieves high productivity and professional growth without sacrificing on life priorities. In addition to its generous benefits package, VT-ARC offers its employees flexible work schedule options and telework opportunities, and encourages staff to identify and pursue intellectual or other endeavors outside of their core work responsibilities.
VT-ARC does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation Job Announcement Position Title: Research Analyst Location: Arlington, Virginia Position Requisition Number: RQN074 Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation: The Virginia Tech Applied Research Corporation (VT-ARC) provides unique access to the broad and rich research enterprise found at Virginia Tech. VT-ARC forms multi-disciplinary teams to apply innovative solutions to the real-world […]
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the division manager, the Project Manager (PM) will ensure project performance goals are met within the contract scope and schedule. Primary responsibilities include: acquiring detailed project requirements from the customer, developing comprehensive project plans, leading a team of 3-7 staff in the execution of the project plan, coordinating across […]
Position Summary: The Research Analyst will perform thorough research and analyses on open source and customer-provided data to extract meaningful information in support of the customer’s mission goals. Primary responsibilities include collecting, processing, and analyzing technical data, searching and applying information from the primary scientific literature, developing clear visualizations of the data (graphs, tables, etc.), […]